In the interest of safety and security for our staff and visitors, the following practices are observed at the KGB Espionage Museum.
Please do not bring large bags or parcels with you when visiting the museum. In the event that you do have bags or parcels, please note the following:
- All bags entering or leaving the museum, including purses, are subject to inspection by security staff.
- Visitors are required to carry large backpacks at their side. When worn, backpacks extend your personal space, which can put museum artifacts and objects at risk.
- Special exhibitions may have additional restrictions.
Tips for families
- Backpack style child carriers are not permitted for safety reasons.
- Strollers are not permitted in the museum.
- Visitors are asked to refrain from shouting, running and rowdy behaviour.
- Museum keeps the right to not allow unwanted persons.
- Weapons of any type are strictly prohibited.
- Profane language is not permitted.
- Please turn your cell phone to the ‘silent’ or ‘vibrate’ setting, and be considerate of other visitors when using your phone.
- No food, drink, or chewing gum (bottled water is permitted and may be consumed in non-exhibit areas).
- Touching objects on display is not permitted. Even mild touching, over time, will cause damage to artifacts. There are some exceptions to this rule, and those objects will be clearly marked as being touchable.
- KGB Espionage Museum welcomes visitors to take non‐flash, personal‐use photography except where noted. Share your images with us @KGBSpyMuseum/ #kgbspymuseum on Twitter + Instagram.
- Pets are not permitted in the museum. Service animals, such as seeing eye dogs, are exempt.
- The museum is a smoke free building.
- For First Aid or lost and found articles, please approach any museum staff member and ask for assistance.
- Closing of the building begins 15 minutes prior to the stated times.